From 28.00 EUR
Duration: 3 hour
Select date and participants
OverviewOn this unique tour, we'll take you "off the beaten track" through the fascinating and yet unknown sections of Budapest not highlighted on your map!
What to expectDuring the tour, you are going to discover hidden wonders: romantic narrow streets and squares with fascinating architecture and hear the background stories surrounding them.
We’ll check out some of the stunning Art Nouveau buildings that dot the downtown streets of Budapest. Beautifully maintained and still lived in, they make a perfect backdrop for some great photos or selfies. Along the way we’ll also stroll through some of the city’s hidden courtyards where locals like to escape for a few minutes peace, and we’ll even stop by a small local market to people watch as locals pick out produce and chit chat with friends.
You will be guided through areas of the former ghetto during WWII where you will learn about the hardships and the everyday life of the Jewish quarter. Observe the lively ambience of the Gozsdu Courtyard - several blocks of buildings linked by one common corridor which serves as home to many shops and pubs. Sneak previews of local workshops and design shops are also included in the tour.
Of course, at the same time you'll get to experience the everyday hustle and bustle of the city, and while you are at it why not end the tour in an original "ruin-bar" of Budapest?
Our walking tours run with small groups and generally do not have more than 15 participants. This makes them interactive and personal and gives you plenty of chances to ask questions and get to know your guide. You can also hit them up for local tips and hints of where to go and what else to do.
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately.
- The tour for children between the age of 0-2 is free
- The Child price is valid between 3-13 year
- Over 13 years - student price (requires valid student ID)
- Maximum number of participants: 15
- Cut off time 48 hours
- English speaking guide
- Stops for photos and refreshments
- Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday 14:30(except 24-26 and 31st of December)
- Approximately 3 hours
- Absolute Tour Centre (Behind the Opera House)
What others are saying (0 Reviews)