The Capital Circus of Budapest is located in the XIV. district in the city park, close to the Széchenyi Spa, Vajdahunyad Castle and to the Budapest Zoo and Botanical Garden.
This Metropolitan Circus is the only stone circus in the Central-Europe wi
In the Metropolitan Circus of
the City Park
, the audience can now see not only humorous and spectacular circus productions, but also high-quality concerts
for high-quality and light music, operetta performances, color performances, sports events
and other presentations.
The Grand Circus of Budapest has been hosting the International Circus Festival for
eight years now , with the best productions coming from many countries in the world and competing with each other.
History of the Grand Circus in Budapest
The City Park of Budapest
had a circus
already in the 1800s , but the light age began in 1936, when the Bright Circus of
the Metropolitan Capital
was renovated thanks to György Fényes Entrepreneur . It then came arena of popular Gábor Eötvös (1921-2002) Jászai-winning musical clowns, whose most famous attraction of the bid has been all over the country mimic: "There is anotheeeer !!"
The circus was closed because of the bombing during the war time, and then opened in July 1945 again with the name of Metropolitan Circus
. Then is 1966 it hay to be demolished, but in 1971 in January on 14th it came to the Capital Circus re-opening of the time, which was celebrated with a gala performances of clowns
, the trainers
and revered audience.