from 42.00 EUR
Duration: 3 hour
Select Date and Travelers
OverviewCrawling, climbing - extreme fun in a unique setting! Budapest’s hot springs have left a huge underground caving system which can be explored through climbing and crawling!
What to expectHungary’s capital, Budapest, is famous for its hot springs. Many people visit Hungary’s famous thermal baths, but only a few know that the hot water rushing up from deep underground created something else too. In the limestone mountains under Budapest, the heated water formed a huge cave system which is thought to be more than 100 km long. The spas and caves of Budapest are a UNESCO World Heritage site. The longest cave of Budapest is the 20.1 km long Pál-völgyi-Mátyás-hegyi cave system located in the Duna-Ipoly National Park. It is a real multi-level labyrinth system with most of its chambers under the residential districts of Budapest.
If you aren’t claustrophobic you can apply for our regularly scheduled cave tours which are guided by qualified caving guides. During the 2.5-3 hour long tours you will often have to climb walls and crawl through narrow passages so you have to be prepared for adventure.
The tours travel through natural parts of the cave, with the supervision of professional caving guides. All the necessary equipment - overall, helmet, light - is provided. You can change your clothes in changing rooms. Though one has to crawl, climb, scramble or creep many times during the tour, no previous experience in caving is needed.
Tour guides are qualified members of the Hungarian Caving Association.
Due to insurance reasons this tour is not suitable for guests under the age of 14 and over the age of 55.
- Participants must be physically fit for climbing and crawl for 2 hours.
- Due to insurance reasons this tour is not suitable for guests under the age of 14 and over the age of 55. Guests under or over this age limit will be refused to participate on the tour with no refunds
- Each participant must wear suitable, closed-toe sports shoes for this tour - flip flops, high heels and sandals are not suitable and guests will forfeit their participations without refund.
- Guests must sign a waiver form to participate on this tour.
- Guest should dress for 16-18°C and have a warm pullover. Caving overalls are provided on this tour.
- We are not responsible for accidents on the tour.
- No children under 14 years are allowed on this tour.
- To get the student rate, you will need to present a valid student ID when joining the tour.
- Cave tickets
- Qualified tour guide
- Use of helmet and lamp
- Use of overall suit
- Available every day except 24-26 December and 31st of December
- 15:30 Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- 10:30 Tuesday, Thursday
- 14:30 Saturday
- 3-4 hours
- At the Pál-völgyi Caves
This is worth checking out
What others are saying (0 Reviews)