From 17.00 EUR
Duration: 80 minutes
Select date and participants
OverviewColour your day with a behind the scenes exploration of the Hungarian “big house” and a truly peculiar tour of the only remaining 19th century warship on Earth!
What to expectThe Hungarian Parliament is the third largest parliament building of the world and one of the most recognised landmarks of Hungary. Built in 1904 by Imre Steindl in a peculiar Eclectic style mixed with Neo-Gothic details it is currently the largest building of the country.
A guide will take you around the gigantic halls of the House of Parliament while sharing the secrets of its past. You will even have a chance to explore the hall of the National Assembly and to lay your eyes on the holiest relics of Hungarian history, the Holy Crown and the crowning jewels.
Following the Parliament tour you will have a truly one-of-a-kind experience at the pier nearby. Explore the world’s oldest remaining monitor ship right next to the House of Parliament, the Lajta Monitor Museum Ship! This once deadly metal giant was built in 1871 and has been floating on the Danube ever since although it hasn’t been causing much trouble lately. Enjoy its imposing sight with your own two eyes from inside and outside on an in-depth smartphone-guided tour where you can learn about the stories, the Lajta is not able to tell you itself. And believe us, this old veteran has gone through some breathtaking adventures back in its days.
As a complimentary bonus to your ticket, you will receive free passes to two additional historic Danube ships as well with their own stunning exhibitions inside. Board a 100-year old steamboat, the Kossuth Museum ship and the Gróf Széchenyi Event Boat, the single functioning paddle wheeler in Budapest to satisfy your naval curiosities!
Discover some of the most outstanding Hungarian ancients on an extraordinary adventure in Budapest!
By purchasing the entrance ticket of Lajta Monitor ship you donate the maintenance and renovation of old, historic ships.
Following booking you will receive a booking confirmation PDF from Hungaria Koncert via email (in Hungarian language).
- Following booking you will receive a booking confirmation PDF from Hungaria Koncert via email (in Hungarian language). This will be your ticket to the Parliament, make sure to bring a PRINTED COPY of it with you.
- You may enter the building following a security check. Larger bags, packages and objects capable of causing injury are strictly prohibited.
- The Parliament may cancel the tour due to Parliament programs and state protocol events
- A ticket cannot be refunded or rescheduled
- You may enter the building only with a PRINTED COPY of your ticket (the PDF document). You can print your ticket at the info desk 15 minutes prior to the tour
- You may not remain inside the Parliament following your guided visit due to security reasons
- Make sure to have your photo ID/passport with you when entering the Parliament
- The price of the program includes the Parliament booking fee as well
- Student price are valid for students below 24 years. Make sure to bring your student ID
- Entrance ticket to the Parliament
- Budapest Naval and Museum Ticket
- Free passes to two additional historic Danube ships:
- Kossuth Museum ship (visiting hours: 12AM-22PM)
- Gróf Széchenyi Museum Ship (visiting hours: 10AM-13:30PM)
- [size=2]You can order a pick-up for every package, which includes the transfer from the hotel to the Parliament for 12€. Please note,
there is no drop off available for either package[/size]
- [size=2]The program can not be rescheduled, if the guest can not attend or misses the starting time, we can not issue a refund! This also applies for the pick-up option.
- The tour starts at 11:00/11:15/11:30 (depends on the chosen date)
- Parliament Visitor Center at the Northern side of Kossuth Lajos Square
What others are saying (0 Reviews)