From 45.00 EUR
Duration: 4 hour
Select date and participants
OverviewThe dates of the Jewish Heritage Grand Tour in English language:
From May 1st to October 31th:
Monday to Thursday at 10 am and 2 pm and on Friday and Sunday at 10 am- except on Saturday.
From November 2nd to 30th:
Every day at 10 am except on Saturday.
We don’t have tours on Jewish holidays, when the great Synagogue is closed
for guiding. (those dates can not be booked on the sites linked below).
What to expectThe first part of the Grand Tour includes the whole Essential Tour (Madách Square, Rumbach Street Synagogue, Dohány Street Synagogue, Jewish Museum, Martyrs’ Cemetery, Raoul Wallenberg Memorial Park, Tree of Life, Heroes’ Temple, Jewish Center).
After a break we continue our walk through the Jewish Quarter, on the streets of the former Ghetto, which hosts synagogues, monuments, kosher restaurants, and kosher shops. While your guide tells you important facts and local stories of this area, you also get basic information about Budapest.
During our journey we visit the Memorial Park dedicated to Carl Lutz, who is also known as „Hungary’s Schindler”, then we pass by the famous Gozsdu Passage. The third station of the Synagogue Triangle is the Kazinczy Street Synagogue (interior visit), which is one of the largest operating orthodox synagogues in Europe, built in art-nouveau style. At the end of the tour, you have two options: you can accept our invitation to have a cake in the glatt kosher Fröhlich confectionery or you can receive 10% discount in the glatt kosher Carmel restaurant.
- Jewish Museum with local guiding
- Interior visit of the Dohány Street Synagogue
- Martyrs’ Cemetery – Holocaust Memorial Park
- Raoul Wallenberg Park
- Tree of Life
- Heroes’ Temple – (outside visit)
- Jewish Centre
- Carl Lutz Memorial Park
- Rumbach Street Synagogue – (outside visit)
- Madách Square
- Gozsdu Passage
- Orthodox Jewish Quarter
- Interior visit of the Kazinczy Street Synagogue
- Cake in the glatt kosher Fröhlich confectionery or you can have 10 % discount in the glatt kosher Carmel Restaurant
- professional guiding during the whole tour
- entrance fee to the Jewish Museum
- entrance fee to the Dohány Street Synagogue
- entrance fee to the Raoul Wallenberg Memorial Park
- entrance fee to the Jewish Centre, where you can visit the Hungarian Jewish
Archiv and an audio-visual exhibition about the past of the Jewish
Quarter in Budapest
- entrance fee to the Kazinczy Street Synagogue
- a cake in the glatt kosher Fröhlich confectionery or 10% off your order at the glatt kosher Carmel Restaurant
- The tour starts every day at 10:00 or at 14:00
- Except Jewish Holidays and Saturdays
- 4 hours
What others are saying (0 Reviews)